Gary is representing MUVEDesign at three conferences coming up that reflect the nature of the three keys areas of the business.
- At the TV Show Australia next week he is presenting about Social Television now and in the near future and how Inspiring the stories of tomorrow with social mediawill make TV truly and finally interactive
- In Santa Clara, CA he is opening the business track by presenting New Augmented Reality Business Models at the worlds biggest Augmented Reality Conference known as the Event
- And in June Gary is presenting at GameTech on Pervasive Entertainment and the excitingÂ merging of Games, Film/TV, Geo-Caching and Social Media
Gary is also presenting at various adhoc conferences such as Creative Sydney here where he is MC’ing & presenting on various Transmedia & Multi-Platform Content sessions.
Australia 2011 27-29 Apr Sydney
The TV Show is Australia’s only multiplatform TV conference. It is the first forum bringing together the value chain for multiplatform TV, with an emphasis on finding innovative ways of bringing services to the market. Content will enable decision-makers to evaluate technology, the costs involved and gain knowledge of roll outs and implementation.
- How to be a successful new entrant in the multi-platform TV market by harnessing innovation
- How to better understand and engage with customers across multiple devices
- How to develop new, interesting formats that will attract viewers and advertisers
- How to use Apps to extend the TV experience across multiple screens
- How to launch new services and build new revenue streams through Social TV
- How to integrate Social TV apps within the EPG
- How to create hype and build communities around branded entertainment
Day 2 Â 2.10pmÂ Inspiring the stories of tomorrow with social media
- Including audiences in the creation of your stories
- Differentiating your content with social features
- Listening to the audience to produce more compelling stories
2.40pmÂ Panel discussion: How to distribute and market content on social networks
- Getting the best from the social nature of TV
- Virally distributing programming
- Influencing conversations about your programme
- Marketing your programme more successfully and cost effectivelyÂ with social media
May 17-18 Santa Clara, CA, USA
The Augmented Reality Event 2011 will feature industry luminaries: Bruce Sterling, Vernor Vinge, Will Wright, and Blaise Aguera y Arcas.Â ARE 2011 will include more than 100(!) speakers in 30 sessions organized into 3 tracks: business, technology & programming, and production & design.
The 2 day event will feature more thanÂ 33 hours of talks running the gamut of AR essentials in 3 tracks: Business, Technology and Production:
- Business â€“ For executives of established and start-up AR companies, as well as mobile hardware companies â€“ in search of business models and promising verticals for AR; Â a venue to form partnerships, learn about latest innovations, and most importantly speak with clients.
- Technology â€“ For Developers, programmers and technologists seeking the latest and greatest engines and tools for AR; learn from case studies and post mortems delivered by experienced developers from the leading companies in the space.
- Production â€“ For Producers, designers, project managers (in gaming companies, agencies, marketers, brands, and artists) hungry for proven techniques to leverage augmented reality to advance your brand, attract and keep your customers, and build successful campaigns and products that will delight users.
Day One â€“ Tuesday 17-May-2011
- 8:15-9:00 amÂ ARE 2011 Press Conference Â Moderated by Ryan Wagner Great America XK â€“ First Floor. Opportunity for AR companies to announce new products with major tech media
- 9:00-9:45 amÂ Keynote: Bruce Sterling Wired Main Theater
- 10:00-11:00 amÂ AR Market: Today and Tomorrow Business TrackÂ (Great America J â€“ First Floor)
- Gary Hayes (MUVEDesign)- New AR Business Models
- Laurel Papworth (Community Crew) â€“ Building Mobile AR Social Communities for Business
21-22 June 2011 Sydney
Video games and interactive entertainment has come of age, and it’s serious business.Â Games have emerged as the pinnacle of consumer entertainment. The interactive entertainment industry is now faced with unprecedented popularity, unparalleled growth and significant opportunity.
â€œThe global video gaming market is expected to grow at a CAG Rate of 8.9% to reach $76.1bn in 2013â€*
The benefits of this are not just restricted to the video game developers and publishers- all areas of the value chain and the wider industry arereaping the rewards of this growth opportunity. As users are shifting towards new platforms developers and publishers are changing their business models to wrestle for market share.
- Gametech is a 2-day conference blitz of learning, inspiration, solutions, and networking. It is the most comprehensive event on games and interactive entertainment in the region, and will provide an unparalleled event experience.
- Gametech is for those who wish to benefit from the explosive growth in video gaming. Whether you are part of the industry value chain or whether you are considering interactive entertainment as a tool for your business.
- Gametech features visionary presentations, insightful case studies, lively debate and expert information on timely cutting-edge business topics of interactive entertainment and gaining from video gaming technology.
Gary’s is presenting on key areas of Merged Media and how Gamification is acritical component of all multi-platform content forms
1355 – Pervasive Entertainment – Games, Film, Music, Print & TV merging with audience networks
- Assessing the concept of Pervasive Entertainment and how it is affecting the games industry
- How are brands extending to transmedia?
- Reviewing the business models behind geo-social / augmented reality games
- Learning form relevant case studies
- What models of media production, distribution, and consumption are implied by these future
- visions of entertainment?
Gary Hayes,Â Director MUVEDesign & FounderÂ StoryLabs
ROUNDTABLE 15.10 -Â Unleash the Power of Interactive Entertainment â€“ Diversifying Your Product Offering with Video Games
- How has the appeal of video games widened to new audiences?
- Underlying the process of developing games to compliment existing products
- Is there a limit as to the nature of business capable of benefiting from games
- Finding the right monetization model to support a standalone games product
- Key ingredients for successful games for social media platforms
- How can games and interactive entertainment incorporate features such as user-generated content, sharing, rewards and referral programs?
- Key steps to monetize new social gaming environments?
Sam Doust Creative Director, Strategic Developmentâ€¨ ABC
David Peattie Managing Directorâ€¨ Hasbro
Hugh Baldwin Director of Television and Content Acquisitions â€¨Nickelodeon, MTV
Gary Hayes Director MUVEDesign & Founder â€¨StoryLabs
Marketing, Sydney, first forum, keynote, Amnesia, community, geo caching, Group, Differentiating, Influencing